The University of Oulu and the University of Helsinki are excited to invite you to the second UArctic Congress, September 3-7, 2018.
With the aim to foster contacts and enhance networking, the UArctic Congress brings together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the Circumpolar North and beyond. Together with partners, policy makers, and other actors, the Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic region.
The UArctic Congress 2018 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Sessions aligned with the four priorities of Finland’s chairmanship; i.e. environmental protection, connectivity, meteorological cooperation, and education.
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their views and latest research.
- UArctic meetings for representatives of the Council, Thematic Networks, and rectors.
- Side meetings and events.
- An exciting cultural and social program.
Mark your calendar and keep yourself informed via the UArctic Congress 2018 website and social media. We look forward to seeing you in Finland in September 2018!