NDI Think Tank
Northern Dimension Institute (NDI) led by the Aalto University coordinates the EC DG NEAR co-financed - Development of think tank functions of the Northern Dimension Institute – the NDI Think Tank project.
NDI Think Tank project focuses on the following:
- strategic development and institutionalization of the NDI into a regional think tank.
- support decision-makers, ND partnerships, ND Steering Group members, ND Parliamentary Forum, ND Business Council, Barents actors, and other key stakeholders in their research-based information needs, thus enhancing evidence-based decision-making.
- ensure level-playing field and platform for connecting the ND decision-makers and key stakeholders with the academic community into an open dialogue, people-to-people contacts, co-creation and dissemination in the thematic fields of the four ND partnerships.
- strengthening the voice of the civil society actors, including academic community, non-governmental organizations and the business community, as the key evidence-based knowledge providers and actors in dialogue on the common challenges and available solutions in the ND area,
- raising awareness of the ND, ND partnerships, research-based information and policy briefs about the common challenges and available solutions on the jointly selected topics, future trends as well as outcomes of the ND collaboration.
Project partnership includes universities and research organizations with references in high-quality expertise and research projects related to environment, climate change impact in the Arctic, emerging transport and logistics routes between Europe and Asia, energy efficiency, health and wellbeing and culture in the ND area. Research teams in close dialogue and co-creation with decision-makers will produce policy briefs, analysis and reports on the pressing challenges and their potential solutions. NDI will provide a neutral platform for research collaboration, co-creation workshops and annual ND Future Forums enabling open discussion, people-to-people contacts and dissemination of the research-based solutions for future challenges in the ND area.